Whole Chicken Made in the Crock Pot
This juicy and tender chicken is seasoned with herbs and spices and slow cooked to perfection. Such a simple and hassle-free recipe!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 4-6 lb whole chicken cleaned and cavity emptied
- 2 medium-sized yellow onions chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of poultry seasoning
- 2 tsp celery seed
- 2 tbsp of olive oil or a vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 4 cups water
- Drizzle the olive oil all over the chicken.
- Sprinkle on all of the seasonings, then rub all over the chicken.
- Stuff the chicken cavity with onions and garlic cloves. If there are any leftover onions, toss them into the Crock-Pot.
- Place the chicken into the Crock-Pot, then pour in 4 cups of water.
- Cover the Crock-Pot with the lid, then set the Crock-Pot on HIGH, and let cook for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours.
- CAREFULLY remove the chicken from the Crock-Pot, and place it into a baking dish.
- Turn your oven on BROIL.
- Place the chicken into the oven, and broil until the skin turns golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and Serve.