THE BEST TWICE-BAKED POTATOES RECIPE
I’ve always been afraid of twice-baked potatoes – I thought they were hard to make! I was wrong and I am so glad I took my chance and gave it a try. It’s delicious and not difficult at all!
- 6 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/2 cup cream cheese spread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 6 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 425° degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a fork we prick the potatoes. Place in a 1-gallon resealable plastic bag.
- We add oil and kosher salt. Seal the bag and transfer it to the potato layer.
- Place potatoes on cookie sheet. Bake until set or for one hour.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- From the top of each potato, cut a thin slice. Put the pulp in a large bowl, leaving the peel intact.
- In a bowl, add cheese, butter, and milk to the pulp. Then mash with a potato masher or with an electric mixer on low speed.
- Add cheese, bacon, onion, table salt, and pepper.
- Spoon into potato shells. Return to cookie sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.