Spicy Cheesy Chicken Bake
- 2 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 can(s) water (use soup can measure)
- 1 c white rice, uncooked
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 c pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
1. preheat oven to 350.
2. In a baking dish, stir together soup, water, and rice.
3. Add garlic, jalapeno pepper, and chili powder.
4. Then stir 1/2 cup of the shredded pepper jack into the rice and soup mixture. Be sure ingredients are stirred in evenly throughout the mixture.
5. Place chicken breasts into soup and rice mixture.
6. Top chicken with cheddar cheese and remaining pepper jack cheese.
7. Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes, depending on the thickness of chicken breasts. Breasts are done when no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear.
8. Serve chicken breasts on a plate and spoon out the rice as a side dish. If desired, sprinkle a small amount of additional cheese over the chicken just before serving.