Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe.
Recipe for spaghetti and meatballs
Ingredients for meatballs (makes 22 to 23 meatballs):
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or mild olive oil for frying
- To make meatballs, use 3/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- One big egg
- sea salt, one teaspoon
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- Parmesan cheese, grated, plus additional for serving, 1/4 cup
- Black pepper, half a teaspoon
- 1 pound of ground Italian sausage, without the wrappers
- 1 lb. of lean beef (7 percent -15 percent fat)
- 1/3 cup of iced water
- 3 slices of white bread, broken or cut into cubes (without the crust).
- two teaspoons of basil, chopped finely.
- When necessary, add salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf, 2 (optional)
- 56 ounces of tomato purée (from 2-28 ounce cans)
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, yellow (1 cup chopped)
- 1 lb. of macaroni
Making the ideal Italian meatballs:
- Fork-mash the bread pieces after combining them with 2/3 cup of water and waiting 5 minutes.
- 1 pound of ground beef, 1 pound of sausage, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, 4 minced garlic cloves, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 egg, and crushed bread crumbs should all be combined in a big basin. Blend well after mixing.
- 1 1/2-inch beef meatballs (about a flat ice cream scoop of meat). Put flour on meatballs and roll or scrape it off. 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a deep, big, heavy pan or Dutch oven over medium heat Fry the meatballs in two batches without crowding the pan for a total of six minutes, or two minutes each side, until they are well-browned. Remove the meatballs from the pan and set them aside; don't worry about continuing to cook them at this stage.
Making simple marinara sauce:
- One cup of finely chopped onion should be cooked in the same skillet over medium heat, with additional oil added if necessary, until soft and golden (5 minutes). When fragrant, add 4 smashed garlic cloves and stir for 1–2 minutes.
- Two mashed tomato cans and two bay leaves make up my heart. Boil it slowly over low heat, stirring to ensure that it truly boils and doesn't merely bubble up to the surface.
- Re-add the meatballs to the tomato sauce in the skillet, cover partially or completely with a strainer to prevent stains from splashing, and simmer for 30 minutes, rotating the meatballs as needed. The sauce will thicken and the meatballs will swell. Add chopped fresh basil and season with salt and pepper to taste five minutes before the sauce begins to boil.
Spaghetti and meatballs recipe:
- Pasta should be cooked as directed on the box until done (or the desired doneness), then drained and put back into the empty pot.
- Pasta should be gently tossed once the sauce and meatballs are added. Transfer to a big plate for family-style presentation, top with fresh basil and Parmesan cheese, and then dish up.