Recipe for sour cream blueberry pancakes
The sour cream berry pancakes are light and vibrant. In less than 30 minutes, they prepare a quick and simple breakfast!
Servings 6 (4 pancakes each)
Cost $6-$9 (varies by price of blueberries)
- one cup of room temperature milk
- 1/fourth cup sour cream
- two huge eggs
- Unsalted butter, melted, 4 teaspoons
- Pure vanilla essence, half a teaspoon
- 2 cups of general-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar, granulated
- Baking powder, two tablespoons
- one tablespoon of baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoons of salt
- For frying, use butter or oil
- 1 cup blueberries plus more for decoration
The dry ingredients—2 cups flour, 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon salt—should be whipped together in a medium bowl.
Mix the wet ingredients (1 cup milk, 3/4 cup sour cream, 2 big eggs, 4 tablespoons melted butter, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla) in a separate, large basin. Before adding the blueberries and stirring until they separate, add the dry ingredients and combine everything until it is smooth and there are no streaks or noticeable lumps of flour.
Add butter or oil to a large nonstick pan that has been heated over medium heat. You may use an ice cream scoop or a spoon to add the mixture to the pan once it's heated. Fry for two minutes on each side, or until golden and fluffy. Reduce the heat if they brown too rapidly and give them a full 2 minutes on each side. Once finished, move to a serving tray and top with preferred garnishes while still warm.