Soul Food Peach Cobbler Recipe
This Soul Food Style Peach Cobbler is quick, fool-proof, and full of sweet flavor! The perfect last-minute dessert for any occasion.
Cuisine: Soul Food
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 people
Two 14.5 oz of canned sliced peaches in heavy syrup
1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1 stick of butter salted
3/4 cup of white sugar
1 box of store-bought crust
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- Add the flour and water to a cup and mix. Then set to the side.
- Add the peaches, butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a medium-sized pot.
- Place the pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir the ingredients, let the butter melt completely.
- Next, pour in the water and flour mixture.
- Stir, and let cook for 5 more minutes.
- Roll out one of the pie crusts, and cut into squares.
- Put the squares into an 8×11 bake dish, then pour in the cobbler filling.
- Top the cobbler with the remaining crust.
- Brush the leftover cobbler filling (left in the pot) on top of the cobbler.
- Bake the cobbler at 350 F for 35-40 minutes.
- Let cool down.