Smothered Turkey Chops
These tender turkey chops are smothered in homemade gravy. The gravy is rich in mushrooms, onions, garlic, and butter.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 35 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
- 2 lbs turkey chops
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil to fry with
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- 4 cups turkey stock
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 medium onion sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2/3 cup sliced mushrooms
- Season each side of the turkey chops with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Pour the all-purpose flour into a large freezer bag, then toss in the chops.
- Shake the bag until all of the chops are coated with flour.
- Remove the chops from the bag, but keep the leftover flour.
- Pour 1/4 cup of vegetable oil into a medium-sized pan, then place over medium heat.
- Fry each side of the chops until they are golden, then remove from the pan.
- Put the chops in a 9×13 bake dish.
- Head back to the stovetop, and toss 4 tbsp of butter into the pan.
- Whisk in, then sprinkle in the leftover flour, and whisk some more.
- Slowly pour in the turkey stock, while whisking.
- Pour in the half and half, and whisk.
- Next, add in the minced garlic, onions, and mushrooms, and stir.
- Let cook for 5 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour the gravy over the turkey chops.
- Cover the baking dish with foil.
- Bake at 350 F, for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let sit for 5 minutes.