SLOW COOKER CUBE STEAKS WITH GRAVY
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CUBE STEAKS WITH GRAVY?
Today, for the slow cooker, I share a quick and easy cube steak recipe-a delicious meal to pop into the cooker when you are looking for some comfort food from home and are pressed for time. Steak & Gravy Slow Cooker Cube! Easy to customize, a meal that the whole family will love.
Not only is this meal cheap, but it is one of those meals of the “set-it and forget-it” kind. You can throw everything into your slow cooker, and if you are, dinner will be ready!
Slow Cooker Cube Steak and Gravy is an easy-to-make, hearty, down-home comfort meal, perfect for a busy day! This recipe is a cinch to adapt, a meal that the entire family will love, and budget-friendly, of course!
To make this tasty meal, just a few ingredients are needed. This recipe can be readily adapted to your personal taste:
- 6 beef cube steaks; I normally order the family pack of cube steak and split them in half if the slices are too large-I don’t worry about the weight of the box, there is still plenty of gravy.
- 3 divided Cups.Of water.
- 2 small onions, I sliced them thinly.
- 1/3 Cup.Of all-purpose flour.
- 1 small spoon.Of garlic powder.
- 1 small spoon.Of onion powder.
- 1/2 small spoon.Of black pepper.
- 1 large spoon.Of canola oil.
- 1 envelope. Of brown gravy-mix, I prefer to use the reduced-sodium brown gravy-mix.
- 1 envelope.Of mushroom gravy-mix.
- 1 envelope.Of onion gravy-mix.
- Hot mashed potatoes.
- Cooked rice.
- Cooked noodles.
In nonstick cooking oil, I sprayed the interior of a 3 to 5-quart slow cooker. And In the slow cooker, I put the sliced onions.
In a big resealable plastic container, I combined the flour, the garlic powder, the onion powder, and black pepper, and then I added the steaks, one by one, then shake until thoroughly covered by the seasoning mixture.
Over medium heat, I heated the oil in a broad skillet, and I added the steaks, a couple at a time, and cooked until each side is lightly browned.
I placed the browned steaks in the slow cooker on top of the onions.
After that, I poured in 2 cups of water over them. And I cooked covered for a maximum of 7 hours until the meat is tender.
In a medium mixing bowl, I whisked together the 3 gravy mixes with the 1 remaining cup of water.
And finally, I added the combination to the slow cooker, I covered it and cooked on Low for an additional 30 minutes.
When it was ready, I preferred to serve it over mashed potatoes!! But there are many recommendations for serving!! Be creative!