Roasted Pepper Bruschetta
Roasted Pepper Bruschetta is the ultimate appetizer! Combining balsamic marinated sweet peppers and goat cheese is a flavor experience you won’t soon forget.
We love bell pepper recipes around here like marinated mini peppers or canned bell peppers and these roasted peppers don’t disappoint!
Roasted Pepper Bruschetta!
The inspiration for these came from one of my Favorite Cookbooks; Barefoot Contessa at Home. We were quite smitten with Ina Garten’s Roasted Pepper Sandwiches and knew they would make an incredible bruschetta! If you love roasted red peppers then this is a must-try!
Make this Roasted Bell Pepper Bruschetta and everyone will be talking about your appetizers!
What is Bruschetta?
Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer or “antipasto” consisting of a toasted bread called “crostini” with flavorful toppings (tomatoes, vegetables, or even cured meats like prosciutto). These are essentially tiny sandwiches that can be consumed in 1 bite.
What Can I Substitute for Goat Cheese?
Goat cheese is available in most large grocery stores and if you can find it, look for the one labeled “Montrachet” which is a garlic and herb goat cheese, but plain goat cheese will work.
You can substitute goat cheese with cream cheese for this recipe. You can amp up the cream cheese by adding 1 pressed garlic clove and a tablespoon of fresh herbs such as finely minced chives or dill.
Important Tips for Roasting Bell Peppers:
- Always line your baking sheet with foil or you’ll be scrubbing your pan for hours. If you’re worried about aluminum touching your food, keep in mind the bell pepper skins create a barrier that is later removed and discarded.
- Roast peppers for 30-40 minutes (depending on how large), and turning them a few times while roasting until they are blackened and completely wrinkled, otherwise the skins will be difficult to remove.
- Covering the roasted peppers and letting them rest for 30 minutes makes it easier to remove the skins.
You can make these marinated bell peppers days ahead and they just get better with time.
Roasted Pepper Bruschetta
Marinated Roasted Pepper Bruschetta is the ultimate appetizer. The combination of balsamic marinated sweet peppers and goat cheese is a flavor experience you won’t soon forget.
- 3 large bell peppers red, yellow or orange
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves pressed or finely minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 French baguette sliced into 25 slices
- 4 oz garlic Montrachet or plain goat cheese room temp or cream cheese
- basil leaves to garnish optional
How to Roast Bell Peppers:
Preheat oven to 500˚F. Place whole bell peppers on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil and roast 30-40 min until skins are completely wrinkled and peppers are charred, turning a couple times while roasting. Remove from oven, cover tightly with aluminum foil and let rest 30 min until cool enough to handle.
Make the Marinated Bell Pepper Topping:
Remove stems and cut the bell pepper into quarters. Remove and discard peels and seeds. Slice peppers into 1/2” wide slices and transfer to a medium bowl.
Add 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1 tsp sea salt and 1/2 tsp black pepper. Stir to combine, cover and refrigerate 1 hour (or overnight) for the flavors to meld.
Toast and Assemble Bruschetta:
Brush both sides with olive oil and bake at 350˚F for 5 minutes, just until edges are crisp and centers are still soft. Remove form oven and cool to room temperature.
Spread a thin layer of goat cheese over the top of toasts then divide the marinated roasted peppers evenly between 25 toasts and garnish with fresh basil.