Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Roasted Brussels Sprouts are caramelized, flavorful, and tender with crisp edges. Using just five ingredients, you will have delicious and healthy Brussels sprouts on the table in no time.
We love Brussels sprouts recipes like our Brussel Sprouts in Alfredo and adding them to one-pan Chicken Dinner, but it really doesn’t get any easier than these Roasted Brussels Sprouts with bacon!
Roasted Brussels Sprouts
We are Brieflybuzz and I run the blog Brieflybuzz.com. I love recipes that are easy to make and require only a few ingredients. Making roasted Brussels sprouts is a no-brainer that yields amazing results each time.
You probably already know this, but Brussels sprouts pack some very serious health benefits and nutrition. They are SUPER high in vitamin C and have a ton of fiber. They are also filling without a ton of calories. That’s right, it’s time to bring this veggie back into your life!
The golden, caramelized edges of these Brussels sprouts are going to win you over. You’ll be plucking them off the tray like they are pieces of candy. Just be sure to leave some for your guests…
How do you Trim Brussels Sprouts?
You always have the option of roasting your Brussels sprouts whole, but I recommend cutting them in half for this recipe. This allows the insides to cook more evenly and also creates those sought-after caramelized edges. Here’s how to trim your Brussels sprouts:
- If your sprouts come on the stalk, use a sharp knife to detach them.
- Trim the tough bottom off of each sprout.
- Remove any yellow or damaged outer leaves.
- Cut each sprout in half, lengthwise.
- Rinse your sprouts under cool water in a colander.
- Lay them flat and pat them dry with a towel.
How to Roast Brussels Sprouts in The Oven
- Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
- Toss prepared brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Make sure each sprout is well-coated.
- Lay your Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet and sprinkle on cooked, chopped bacon if using. Tip: For the crispiest sprouts, lay each sprout cut side down.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven!
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
You can Air Fry Brussels Sprouts at 375˚F for 15 minutes, tossing the brussels sprouts halfway through for even browning.
How to Store Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Store roasted Brussels sprouts in an airtight container in the fridge. They will stay fresh for up to a week. I don’t recommend freezing Brussels sprouts, as they are prone to getting soggy when reheated. However, if you must freeze them, allow them to thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating them according to the directions below.
Can Brussels Sprouts be Made Ahead?
Even though they do reheat well (see reheating instructions below), we find roasted brussels sprouts are the most vibrant when enjoyed fresh out of the oven. If you want to get some prep work done in advance for your holiday dinner or party, you can trim and cut brussels sprouts in half and pre-chop your bacon. Keep those refrigerated in separate air-tight containers then proceed with the recipe and bake before serving.
Reheating Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon:
Reheat your sprouts by baking them in the oven at 350 °F for five minutes. You could microwave them, but know that they will end up being a bit soggy. We prefer reheating brussels sprouts in the oven or even in the air fryer so they can re-crisp.
Serve Brussels Sprouts With:
Brussels sprouts are a staple at the holiday table along with classic Mashed Potatoes. We love that they pair well with just about any main course:
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin – so easy and you’ll love the crust
- Baked Salmon – with incredible garlic, lemon dijon glaze
- Prime Rib – the ultimate holiday roast
- Smoked Brisket – Nothing beats smoked beef flavor
- Air Fryer Pork Chops – perfectly crisp and healthy
- Juicy Roast Turkey – hundreds of glowing reviews
Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with bacon has just 5 ingredients. This is an easy and healthy Brussels Sprouts side dish.
- 2 lb Brussels sprouts
- 4 oz cooked bacon chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Trim Brussels sprouts and cut them in half, lengthwise.
Season Brussels sprouts with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine everything together.
Lay Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet in one layer and sprinkle on the chopped cooked bacon if using.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges start turning golden brown.
*You can use raw thin strips of bacon but if you want the bacon really crisp, we recommend using pre-cooked bacon.