Pecan Pie Cobbler
- 1 Box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 2 1/2 cups light corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Butter-flavor cooking spray
- 2 cups pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Grease 13×9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with shortening or cooking spray. Remove 1 pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into a 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust in dish; trim edges to fit.
2. In a large bowl, stir corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, vanilla, and eggs with a wire whisk. Stir in chopped pecans. Spoon half of the filling into a crust-lined dish. Remove second pie crust from pouch; unroll on work surface. Roll into a 13×9-inch rectangle. Place crust over filling; trim edges to fit. Spray crust with butter-flavor cooking spray.
3. Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Carefully spoon remaining filling over baked pastry; arrange pecan halves on top in a decorative fashion. Bake 30 minutes longer or until set. Cool 20 minutes on a cooling rack. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.