Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
Lemon desserts have a special je ne sais quoi, a little “come back” taste. The fresh lemon makes the dish seem less sweet, maybe?
Or does the yellow of the citrus automatically remind us of the sun, which makes us in a good mood?
Cheese desserts, for their part, bring their share of comfort and justify our greed … They know how to fill the stomach!
Whatever the reason, what matters is that it tastes good!
So for the beautiful season, we prepare these tasty cream cheese and lemon bars!
- 2 8-ounce (226 g) packages of refrigerated croissant dough (such as Pillsbury Rolls), divided
- 2 lemons, zested and squeezed
- 2 8-ounce (226 g) pkg. Cream cheese (Philadelphia style), softened
- 1/2 cup (112.5 g) white sugar (+ 3 tablespoons / 45 g)
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of melted butter
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C).
- Line bottom of 9×13-inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
- Press the contents of one of the croissant wrappers into the bottom of the prepared dish, stretching out the edges.
- Combine the zest of 1 1/2 lemon and the juice of 2 lemons in a bowl.
- Beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup (112.5 g) sugar in lemon zest mixture with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spread the mixture on the layer of croissant dough.
- Unroll the second box of croissant dough and lay it on top of the cream cheese mixture, gently stretching the dough around the edges.