Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles
Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles is a tasty comforting one-pot meal. Ready in a little over an hour. Rave reviews for this recipe! Warning: Not a low-fat dish!
Instant Pot Chicken Noodles is a comforting meal the whole family will enjoy. Using frozen chicken breasts & frozen egg noodles. Ready in about an hour.
With Summer winding down, I find that the family and I are drawn towards those most comforting of foods. I have been making this Instant Pot Chicken and Noodles for a long time, though it started out on the stove. I much prefer making it in my Instant Pot nowadays!
One time, I decided to make this dish for a Christmas party with the whole family.
It was something different. The best part was not having to babysit it. I just had to shred the chicken after it was done and throw it back in the pot with the noodles to finish.
That gave me time to get other things done for the party. It was a huge hit! We ran out, so note to self to make a larger batch next time!
On a weeknight, that time savings could be time spent with the kids, or getting a few chores done. Love meals like this!
- 2 Large Frozen Skinless/Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 14.5oz Cans of Chicken Broth or use homemade, about 3 1/2 cups
- 1 Stick of Butter unsalted (use 1/2 stick if you are trying to cut down on fat content)
- 1 Garlic Clove pressed (or 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder)
- 1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 12oz Packages Frozen Egg Noodles Or 1 24oz bag. I use the Reames brand.
- Set your Instant Pot to Sauté mode (just to get things warming up and start melting the butter, not to actually saute anything).
- Add the butter, broth, cream soup, salt, pepper, garlic, and poultry seasoning. Stir until combined.
- Add the chicken breasts.
- Cancel sauté mode.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot, set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Press the Poultry button (or Manual, or Pressure Cook), and the time for 25 mins (If your chicken is fresh and not frozen, decrease the time to 15 minutes, though this will depend on the thickness of the pieces. If they don’t shred easily after 15 mins, put them back in and cook a few minutes longer).
- After the cooking cycle ends, let it sit and do a 10-minute Natural Release, then manually release the remaining pressure and when the pin drops, open the lid.
- Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button to turn off the pot. Then press the Sauté button to keep the heating of the contents.
- Take the chicken out and set it on a plate.
- Add the egg noodles to the pot.
- Shred the chicken using 2 forks. It should shred very easily.
- Put the shredded chicken back into the pot, stir, and put the lid back on the pot, and set to sealing.
- Cancel the Sauté mode and set it to Manual for 6 mins.
- When the cooking cycle ends, let it do a 5-minute Natural Release, then do a Quick Release of the remaining pressure, and when the pin drops, open the lid.
- Stir well and serve.
The noodles will be al dente.