HOMEMADE AIR FRYER CHEESE RAVIOLI WITH CRAWFISH CREAM SAUCE
Crawfish Ravioli Recipe
A flavorful, Cajun spin on ravioli! Creamy, parmesan sauce loaded with spicy crawfish tails over crispy, battered fresh ravioli.
- 1 lb crawfish tails w/fat
- 1 pkg refrigerated cheese ravioli*
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 TBS milk
- 1 1/2 cup Italian style Panko breadcrumbs if deep frying, use regular Italian style breadcrumbs; not Panko
- 1 TBS grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 1/2 bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBS liquid crab boil optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- Fresh parsley to garnish
- Preheat air fryer to 400 F**
- In a small bowl, whisk egg and milk together
- In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs and 1 TBS parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Dip the ravioli into the egg mixture and then dredge in the breadcrumbs
- Spray the basket of the air fryer with nonstick cooking spray
- Place the ravioli into the basket in a single layer. Do not stack.
- Air fry the ravioli for 4 mins on 400 F or until as crispy as you’d like.
- Melt butter in a pan
- Add in the onion and bell peppers
- Sauté until tender
- Add in the garlic; sauté for 30 secs
- Add in the crawfish and pour the liquid crab boil over the crawfish
- Sauté for 2 mins
- Pour in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer
- Stir in the Parmesan and Cajun seasoning to taste
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Add in the green onions and turn off the heat
- Serve the sauce over the ravioli
- Garnish with parsley
- if using frozen ravioli, thaw at room temperature for 15-20 minutes.
- if deep frying, fry at 350 F until the ravioli floats in the oil.