Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Scampi Pasta
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine OR chicken stock if you don’t want to use alcohol
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed or grated salt, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions& drain well.
In a large, deep skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
Add in the shrimp, cajun seasoning, olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
Stir periodically, until fully cooked- about 3 minutes.
Stir in wine OR chicken stock and the fresh lemon juice; season with salt and pepper
Lower to a simmer; remove from heat and stir in pasta, lemon zest, HALF a cup of the parmesan cheese, and mix until fully incorporated.
Top with the last half cup of parmesan cheese & chopped parsley.