Garlic butter Italian sausage sandwiches
Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside.
yields: 4 servings
Preparation time: 0 hours 25 minutes
total time: 0 hours 30 minutes
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup finely chopped basil
- cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (or 2 finely minced garlic cloves)
Italian sausage mixture:
- 1 pound Italian sausage, ground
- 14 oz can of tomato sauce
- Half a cup of red wine
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced basil
- 4 sandwich buns or hot dogs
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- Chop red onion & basil for garnish
To prepare butter, combine ingredients in the bowl also blend to combine. Set apart to ready to use
For the sausage mixture: Brown the sausage in a large skillet, then add the tomato sauce and red wine.
Cook about 15 min on medium-low heat. Removing from heat & add chop basil & salt to taste.
When ready to serve, brush the inside and top of the cake with butter.
Bake until lightly browned and butter is melted.
Removing from oven & place tranche mozzarella on every bun, then Italian sausage mix.
Then two slices of provolone cheese are placed on top of each sandwich and placed under the broiler and the cheese begins to boil.
Take it out of the oven.