Easy Pumpkin Cake Recipe
This Easy Pumpkin Cake is our favorite, fluffy, moist, and absolutely delicious pumpkin cake. It has a tender, moist and delicate crumb. The marshmallow-like whipped cream cheese frosting takes it over the top.
I invited my sisters and their families over for dinner this week and everyone really enjoyed it, especially the kids. I asked if they would be more likely to re-make this as a double-decker fancy cake or an easy peasy sheet cake and the consensus was: EASY. Like 4 steps easy, including frosting!
Pumpkin Cake Recipe
If you aren’t a major pumpkin fan yet, you will be after trying this! We are quite smitten with this cake. It is on the regular rotation at our house in Autumn. Plus, it’s not overly sweet so there’s no avoiding that second helping.
Ingredients for Easy Pumpkin Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour *measured correctly
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda (sifted to get rid of lumps)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1 cup oil (extra light olive oil, vegetable, or corn oil will work)
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree (or make your own!)
Ingredients for the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 package (8oz) Cream Cheese, room temp, cut into quarters
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- Pecans to decorate, optional