EASY MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST – The best roast you’ve ever had in your entire life!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS MISSISSIPPI ROAST
- Foolproof with minimum effort: it doesn’t get any easier than this! Just throw the ingredients into your crockpot in the morning and come home to a delicious meal that’s ready to serve! It’s the perfect weekday or weekend dinner.
- Super tender and flavorful: the boneless chuck roast is smothered in a delicious gravy, soaking up all the flavors while becoming fork tender. Comfort food at its best!
- Keto: this dish is low carb and you can serve it with cauliflower rice for a keto meal.
- Great for leftovers: you can shred the leftover roast and serve as pulled beef sandwiches for an amazing lunch!
WHAT IS A MISSISSIPPI POT ROAST?
Mississippi pot roast is a dish using 5 ingredients: chuck roast, au jus gravy mix, ranch seasoning, pepperoncini, and butter.
The reason that it’s called Mississippi pot roast is that the original recipe was created by Robin Chapman from Mississippi. It was inspired by another chuck roast recipe and became a viral sensation on social media.
- 1 (3-4 pounds) chuck roast
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet au jus gravy mix
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-5 pepperoncini peppers
- Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix. Place peppers on top of the mixes, and add the butter.
- Cook over low heat for 8 hours. Serve with noodles, rice, or mashed potatoes.
- Do not add any water or broth to this! It will make enough liquid as it cooks.
- This tastes delicious with potatoes and carrots! I like to add a few quartered russet potatoes and a large handful of baby carrots to the crockpot when there is about 1-2 hours left of cooking time.
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 501mg | Potassium: 765mg | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 4.1mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 4.7mg Did you make this recipe? Let me know!