Crockpot Split Pea Soup
- 1 pound dried green split peas, rinsed
- 1 meaty ham bone,
- 2 ham hocks or 2 cups diced ham
- 1 cup sliced baby carrots
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 stalks celery plus leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups chicken broth
Layer ingredients in the slow cooker in the order given, adding the broth last.
Do not stir ingredients. Cover and cook on high 4 to 5 hours or 8 to 10 hours on low until peas are very soft and ham falls off the bone.
Per Serving: 260 calories (40 from fat) 4g total fat 1g saturated fat 30mg cholesterol 690mg sodium 34g carbohydrates 13 g dietary fiber 6g sugar 23g protein.