Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff
- 1 tablespoon olive oil more if needed
- 2 lbs stewing beef trimmed
- salt & pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 pound mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups beef broth divided
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 12 oz egg noodles cooked
Heat olive oil in a skillet. Season beef with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil in small batches. Deglaze pan with red wine and add to slow cooker.
Place beef, garlic powder, onions, dijon, Worcestershire, mushrooms, and 1 1/2 cups broth in a 6qt slow cooker.
Cook on high 4-5 hours or on low 7-8 hours or until beef is tender.
Combine remaining broth with cornstarch and stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in sour cream. Serve over egg noodles.