Cranberry Bundt Cake Recipe.
Cranberry Bundt Cake Recipe
To make the orange cranberry cake:
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, washed, dry and mixed with 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, from 1 orange, plus more for glaze
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup light olive oil or canola oil
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (not hot)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
For orange glaze paint and additives:
- 1 cup sweetened cranberries, optional garnish
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice, or desired consistency
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
How to make Cranberry Bundt Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in center of oven. Cream butter and flour generously in Bundt skillet, scraping off excess flour.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar together for 3 minutes on high speed until pale in color.
- Add the olive oil, then the melted butter, and finally the vanilla extract, mixing each ingredient and then blending the curds until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, then mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients on low speed until flour streaks disappear.
- Add the cranberries with 1/2 tablespoon of the flour and stir with 1 tablespoon of the orange peel.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared skillet. Bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean with some moist crumbs. Cool 15 minutes in the skillet, then flip onto a wire rack and let cool completely before spraying with orange paint.
To make the orange glaze:
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, fresh orange juice, and a little orange zest. Stir together until smooth. It should be thick and breakable. Add more orange juice to thin the glaze and more powdered sugar to thicken it.