Chunky Monkey Brownies
- 2 cups Gold medal UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods)
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup banana, mashed with a fork (about one medium-large banana)
- 10-oz. Hershey’s semi-sweet chocolate baking melts (or 12-oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- ¼ cup Nestle’s chocolate chips for the top
How to make it :
Mix butter, eggs, sugars, salt, and vanilla with an electric mixer until well mixed.
Add flour, mashed banana, and baking melts (or chocolate chips).
Stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish with cooking spray.
Spread brownie mixture into prepared pan.
Smooth the top with a knife or rubber spatula.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes just until lightly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Cool completely before cutting into bars.