Swiss Meringue Buttercream-topped Chocolate Cake
This chocolate cake recipe has a deep chocolate flavor and is light and fluffy. Everyone who has tasted it has loved it, making it our favorite chocolate cake.
Servings 9 " two layer chocolate cake
- For decorating, use a semi-sweet chocolate bar or milk chocolate.
- There is just one recipe for Swiss Meringue Buttercream.
- Canola or mild olive oil, 1/2 cup
- 1 salt shakerful
- 0.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, granulated
- Unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 cup
- 1 1/2 cups of properly sized all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of hot or warm water
- 2 vanilla bean seeds
- 1 cup soured milk
- 2 substantial eggs, room temperature
How to prepare the recipe for chocolate cake:
2 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, 12 cups oil, and 2 teaspoons vanilla should all be combined in a large basin and mixed with an electric mixer until smooth.
Sift 1 1/2 cups flour and 1 cup cocoa powder into a second mixing bowl. 12 tbsp baking soda, 12 tbsp baking powder, and 1 tsp salt should be added. mix by whisking. As you progressively add 3/4 cup hot water, whisk until everything is thoroughly combined and lump-free before adding the dry components to the wet ones.
A toothpick inserted in the center of each cake should come out clean after 20 to 25 minutes of baking at 350°F (my was done at 23 minutes). Between the two prepared cake pans, divide the mixture. Cakes should cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes**, after which they should be carefully loosened from the pan with a thin spatula or knife. After that, they should be allowed to cool entirely to room temperature before decorating.
Make the frosting while the cakes are cooling. Swiss meringue butter cream was utilized. For surface garnish, keep about 1 cup of icing aside.
How to put a chocolate cake together:
Place the first cake layer on a platter with care, then lavishly decorate the face. Slide the following cake layer carefully over the top and edges of the previous one.
Finely grate a piece of chocolate, place the crumbs in the center of the cake's side, and then sprinkle them all over the top edge. Use puffs or tube flowers to decorate the cake's top border.
- Flour should be spooned into a dry ingredient measuring cup, then the top should be scraped to obtain a fine scale.
- The cake layers will be more sturdy for shipping if the layers have time to rest.