Chicken Casserole Recipe.
Recipe for Chicken Casserole (Chicken Gloria)
Ingredients for the chicken-and-mushroom casserole:
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 14 teaspoon black pepper, plus more amounts as desired
- 1 medium onion, diced finely
- 1 pound of thickly sliced white mushrooms
- divided into 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- For coating chicken, use 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- 4-5 large chicken breasts weighing 2 1/2 pounds, cut into 1-inch-thick strips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, plus additional salt as desired
- 12 cups of heavy cream and one and a half or half glasses of milk
- one teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 and a half cups chicken broth
- three tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- one-third cup unsalted butter
- Chicken should be salted and peppered, then flour should be brushed on both sides. In a big skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of oil on medium/high. Add the chicken to the heated oil and cook until golden. If necessary, work in batches to prevent overcrowding the pan. Concerning frying the chicken, don't worry. Still require baking in the oven. Put the chicken in a casserole dish that measures 13 by 9 inches.
- Scrape the pan of any debris. Sliced mushrooms and chopped onions are added, along with 3 tablespoons of oil, and they are cooked until soft and golden. For an additional one to two minutes, add the garlic. The chicken will be covered with the mixture.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a medium pot (or the one you are now using). 3 tablespoons of flour are beaten until light golden (1-2 minutes).
- Mix thoroughly after adding 1 12 cups of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and 14 teaspoons of pepper. Stir add a cup and a half of milk, then simmer.
- Over the chicken and mushrooms, pour the sauce. Bake for 45 minutes at 350°F with a tin foil cover. Serve warm or hot with rice, spaghetti, or mashed potatoes.