Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce
Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic White Wine Sauce is a great-tasting, 20-minute dish, perfect for busy weeknights! We like it served with brown rice, pasta, quinoa or farro on the side, or a service it with roasted veggies and a salad.
- 8 chicken tenderloins, 16 oz total
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour* (use rice flour for gluten-free, omit for paleo, w30)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white wine (omit for w30, paleo and add more broth)
- 1/3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 200°F. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Lightly dredge in flour.
Heat a large skillet on medium heat; when hot add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil.
Add chicken to the skillet and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink. Set aside in a warm oven.
Add additional oil and butter to the skillet, then garlic and cook a few seconds; add mushrooms, salt, and pepper stirring occasionally until golden, about 5 minutes.
Add wine, chicken broth, parsley; stir the pan with a wooden spoon breaking up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Cook a few more minutes or until the liquid reduces by half. Top the chicken with the mushroom sauce and serve.