Broccoli Grape Salad
This Broccoli Grape Salad is fully loaded with juicy grapes, fresh cucumber, crisp bacon, and toasted pine nuts. The creamy dressing is so simple with just 4 ingredients.
We love broccoli salads like our most popular Broccoli Salad with apples, Broccoli Corn Salad, or Broccoli Cauliflower Salad. They are perfect for potlucks and always get rave reviews!
Broccoli Grape Salad Recipe:
We originally shared this broccoli grape salad in 2015. It is a recipe from my Mother-in-law. We added crisp bacon and toasted pine nuts and a great salad got even better!
We love serving this as a side salad for dinner, paired with Mashed Potatoes, but it’s also a really satisfying and filling lunch when served as a main course.
Ingredients for Broccoli Grape and Cucumber Salad:
The flavor and texture combination of this broccoli grape salad is very exciting with sweet grapes, salty bacon, toasted pine nuts, and tangy dressing. It’s hard to stop eating it!
The ingredients are simple and you can swap several things out depending on what you have on hand:
- Fresh Broccoli (or sweeter broccolini)
- Seedless Grapes (red or green), or use raisins
- Red onion (or sweet yellow onion)
- Toasted pine nuts (or sunflower, or pumpkin seeds)
- Browned bacon
Is Broccoli Salad Healthy?
Broccoli is one of the healthiest green veggies. Broccoli is a low-calorie, low-carb vegetable (only 3.5 carbs per cup). It also has many health benefits and important nutrients:
- Rich in Vitamins K, Vitamin C, and Vitamin A
- Great source of Vitamin B6 and Manganese
- High in fiber and folate
Can I Substitute the Mayo?
The dressing is really simple and good and the freshly squeezed lemon juice really lightens it up. If you aren’t a fan of mayonnaise, you can substitute it with equal parts of sour cream and mayo, or just use all sour cream. If using sour cream, you might add a teensy bit more sugar to taste since sour cream is tangier than mayonnaise.
How to Make Broccoli Grape Salad:
- Brown the bacon and toast pine nuts.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all prepared salad ingredients.
- Stir together broccoli salad dressing until smooth
- Mix the dressing into the salad and serve cold.
Can this Broccoli Salad be Made Ahead?
To save time, you can make this ahead. Chop up all of the salad ingredients and arrange them in a bowl. In a separate container, stir together creamy broccoli salad dressing. Stir the dressing into the salad just before serving.
Broccoli Grape Salad Recipe
This Broccoli Grape Salad is loaded with grapes, cucumber and bacon. The creamy broccoli salad dressing is so simple with just 4 ingredients.
- 6 oz bacon chopped, browned
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted (or sunflower seeds)
- 1 lb broccoli crowns (2 medium heads) cut into small florets
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes (seedless), halved
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice or added to taste
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Brown bacon in a skillet then remove to a plate using a slotted spoon. In a separate, dry skillet, toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden and fragrant, tossing often (3 minutes), then transfer to a plate.
In a medium bowl, combine chopped broccoli, sliced cucumber, halved grapes, diced onion, browned bacon, and toasted pine nuts.
In a separate small bowl, combine 1/2 cup of mayo, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and mix well.
Mix the dressing into the salad & serve.