BEST EVER CHINESE CHICKEN RECIPE
MY DAUGHTER BROUGHT HOME HER FRIENDS FROM CHINA. I WANTED TO MAKE SOMETHING THEY COULD RELATE TO SO I TRIED THIS RECIPE. IT WAS EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND MAKE. NOT ONLY DID MY FRIENDS FROM CHINA LOVE IT BUT MY FAMILY ALSO LOVED IT. I WILL BE MAKING IT AGAIN.
The whole Kitchen Crew fell in love with this dish. We loved the crunch of the cashews and the chunky, satisfying chicken. This one deserves a big gold star…
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients
- 4boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1green bell pepper, sliced
- 4mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 lb snow peas, cut in half
- 1/2 cashews
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce3 Tbsp white wine
- 1/2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp oil
How to Make Best-Ever Chinese Chicken
- In a large bowl combine chicken with cornstarch and soy sauce, stir well, and let sit at least 5 minutes.
- Clean, cut, and prepare all ingredients ahead of time, including the sauce mixture.
- In a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat, heat oil, add chicken, and quickly stir-fry until done, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Add sliced green pepper and mushrooms to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add pea pods and nuts, stir fry for 2 more minutes and add ginger and cayenne.
- Return chicken to the pan with vegetables, add sauce, and stir.
- Cover skillet and cook 5 minutes over medium heat. Serve over boiled white rice.