Baked Ham with Pineapple and Brown Sugar Glaze
This holiday ham is a showstopper, glazed with sweet brown sugar and from the added sugars from the fruit. This ham is as good to eat as it is to look at. Try this recipe today!
Course: Main Dish
Cuisine: American, comfort food, holiday, Southern
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 8-10 lb smoked ham fully cooked
- 20 oz can of pineapple rings in pineapple juice( juice reserved)
- 6 oz jar of maraschino cherries juice reserved
- 1/3 cup pure honey
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar dark or light
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Make sure that the ham is completely thawed.
- Decorate the ham with pineapples & cherries, using the toothpicks to hold everything in place.
- In a large measuring cup or medium-sized bowl, combine the pineapple juice, cherry juice, brown sugar, mustard, honey, ginger, clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Stir everything, then sprinkle in the cornstarch.
- Whisk everything until lump-free, then transfer the sauce/ glaze into a saucepan.
- Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat, and whisk.
- Let boil for about 3-5 minutes, then turn the heat off.
- Pour the glaze all over the ham.
- Bake the ham, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven, and baste.
- Place back in the oven for 20-30 minutes (still uncovered).
- Remove from the oven, let sit for about 15 minutes.