Bacon, Rainbow Chard, and Artichoke Dip
Wow, your guests with this Bacon, Rainbow Chard, and Artichoke dip at your next gathering. It’s a kaleidoscope of colors and flavors! Serve with chips, toasted bread, or veggies.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup rainbow chard chopped & stems removed
- 6-8 strips bacon
- 2 tbsp reserved bacon fat
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic minced
- 1/3 cup chopped artichokes I used frozen
- 2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 oz sour cream
- 6 oz mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded smoked gouda
- 2/3 cup shredded Italian style fontal cheese
- 1 tsp minced or dehydrated basil leaves
- salt & pepper for taste
- parsley flakes optional
- Cook the bacon, then crumble or chop it.
- Reserve 2 tbsp of bacon fat, then pour it into a pan.
- Toss in the rainbow chard, and cook for about 5 minutes, then add in the artichokes, and red bell pepper.
- Stir the ingredients then toss in the minced garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle in the all-purpose flour, and stir.
- Pour in the heavy cream, then add in the sour cream, and mascarpone.
- Stir the ingredients then add in the bacon, and the green onion.
- Sprinkle in 3/4 the cheeses, then fold the ingredients.
- Sprinkle in the basil, and salt & pepper, then stir.
- Put the mixture in a baking dish(s).
- Top with the remaining cheese, and parsley ( optional)
- Put in the oven, set on broil until the top starts to brown, and bubbles.
- Let the dip cool for 5-10 minutes before digging it.
- Serve with chips, veggie sticks, or toasted bread.