7 Layer Salad Recipe
- 1 head iceberg lettuce washed and torn into pieces
- 4 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 2 large tomatoes chopped
- 1 12 ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 6 to 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- parsley for garnish optional
For the Salad Dressing:
- 1 ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
In a trifle bowl, layer the salad in the order of the ingredients listed starting with the chopped lettuce.
In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the salad dressing ingredients until smooth.
Spread the salad dressing over the top of the salad in an even layer.
Cover the salad and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight if needed.
Prior to serving, garnish with additional cheese, bacon, peas, or freshly chopped parsley on the top, if desired.